2hr DOA policy = Do not resuscitate

ClownWrangler

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2020
Messages
680
Reaction score
610
Location
Tacoma, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 2 hr limit for DOA claims is unreasonable for corals and anemones. The most common response on this forum when someone is concerned that their nem is dead or dying is something along the lines of “they always look horrible after shipping, but usually pull through”. Well, 2 hrs is not enough time IMO to determine if an anemone will “pull through”. I wonder how many anemones have been sentenced to death prematurely because a buyer just didn’t want to chance it if it looks like it “might live”. I also had a pink flowerpot that showed no signs of life until 2 weeks after I bought it, but now it’s flourishing and healthy, so the same argument applies to corals. I’m curious as to what other people’s thoughts on this might be.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new