2nd heater placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter wynagain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wynagain

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2026
Messages
36
Reaction score
36
Location
97423
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im setting up a pair of heaters with a controller in a nuvo 27 sump and there is a small compartment for a heater so where should I place the second one and best place for the controller probe. It's a 75 gal with 2 200w heaters
 
If possible I would try to put the heaters behind the temperature probes. This way the heaters actually run until the whole tank is at temperature and the temperature probe won't get fooled by local temperature differences caused by a running heater.

I would just avoid putting the heaters into the return chamber as the water level changes quite a lot there and you don't want the heaters to suddenly run dry.
 
I have my temp probe in the overflow and the heaters are in the sump refugium.
 
If possible I would try to put the heaters behind the temperature probes. This way the heaters actually run until the whole tank is at temperature and the temperature probe won't get fooled by local temperature differences caused by a running heater.

I would just avoid putting the heaters into the return chamber as the water level changes quite a lot there and you don't want the heaters to suddenly run dry.
Makes sense than you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new