2nd opinion on BJD

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this from a vendor 3 days ago, came in an ice cold bag, very receded by the time of acclimation. Actually started to come out a little then I noticed most of the flesh disappearing. Now parts of the right heads tentacles are actually falling out. I think the right head is forming bjd, it did not pass the smell test.
image.jpg
image.jpg

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if its BJD, it could just be natural degradation of dying flesh, but it is clearly on its way out.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Agreed, do not see disease as an issue. Appears water condition was the issues. Have you run thru you tank parameters to be sure you are good. May have been the shipping with all the frigid temps lately.

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Agreed, do not see disease as an issue. Appears water condition was the issues. Have you run thru you tank parameters to be sure you are good. May have been the shipping with all the frigid temps lately.
100% shipping, I have colonies of lps thriving in this tank, I’ll post pics below. The shipper did accidently send it to my doorstep and it arrived ICE cold, so bummer.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • None.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.2%
Back