2part dosing pump

lnbski3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am going to automate my 2part dosing and wanted to use an electronic IV type pump instead of the gravity drip type like the ones from Kent. My question is has anyone used these IV pumps before - i would think that they are more precise than the BRS pump on a timer? what do you think?

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used the IV pumps before. You may want to consider a Litermeter 3. While the intial cost a LOT more expensive, you get what you pay for and it may save you many headaches (which can lead to $$) in the long run. Just a thought.

SWINGRRRR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have used IV pumps for years.

Look at Masterflex on that auction site. Great pumps, and a lot cheaper than medical stuff. Although a lot of auction Masterflex stuff comes from labs. Id look at something in the 7543 pump range, and 7014-7015 heads.
I use 3 7543-01 and 2 7015 and 1 7014. Does 1.5ml/min and I maybe have $200 into all of it. Its run off my ACIIIPro.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lnbski3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the info - i am thinking about settling with the BRS dosing pump. Where do i find a timer like they use in the video. I someday hope to have a controller but that is nto in the budget right now. thanks for the help

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the info - i am thinking about settling with the BRS dosing pump. Where do i find a timer like they use in the video. I someday hope to have a controller but that is nto in the budget right now. thanks for the help

Why dont you get a Reef keeper light? I use one to controll all my sump stuff aloneand use the RKE to controll my tank.The Reef keeper light is good for little things like that and you canfind them used for 50-75bucks and they do the job WELL. I have Zero complaints about it and it comes with four ports to do things.

mlove

Reefing Peasant
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why dont you get a Reef keeper light? I use one to controll all my sump stuff aloneand use the RKE to controll my tank.The Reef keeper light is good for little things like that and you canfind them used for 50-75bucks and they do the job WELL. I have Zero complaints about it and it comes with four ports to do things.
I'm looking for a RKL if you know where to find one.

- Miles

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too would like to automate my 2part dosing. I made a couple of diy dosers with IV lines, but was going to purchase the BRS dosing pumps because they are small and I've heard good things about them. But if I can get a RKL for $50-75 or new for about $100 then that would be cheaper than BRS pumps. I'm just not sure how the RKL works as a dosing pump. Would there be any other extra parts needed to buy? would like to hear or see how this is setup.

mlove

Reefing Peasant
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too would like to automate my 2part dosing. I made a couple of diy dosers with IV lines, but was going to purchase the BRS dosing pumps because they are small and I've heard good things about them. But if I can get a RKL for $50-75 or new for about $100 then that would be cheaper than BRS pumps. I'm just not sure how the RKL works as a dosing pump. Would there be any other extra parts needed to buy? would like to hear or see how this is setup.
The ReefKeeper Lite would only act as a timer to turn on your dosing pumps (such as a BRS pump). It is not a pump that will dose by itself.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im following this well and have been looking into this. im still not quite sure as to which direction to go.
both 2 part and reactor setups need to be adjusted way too much.
alk is the biggest pain

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back