2point0vtec 180gal build

2point0vtec

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2014
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Long Beach, Ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been lurking on this fourm for awhile now to get some ideas for my tank. I finally got around to getting it together and running now. I am Noob and still learning as I go. I will try to get some updated pictures of the tank as my frags start to grow.

Tank- 180 gal acrylic with 40 gal sump.
Return pump- Danner model 12
Skimmer- Asm G-4 with sedra 5000 pump
Power head- 2 Jebao wp-40
Lighting- t5/metal halide combo


My BRS RO/DI mixing station in my garage:



Custom stand built by my dad:








Setting up the tank:




Got the rocks and sand in:







Some pictures of the fishes and corals:







 
Looks like you have a great start, keep it as stable as possible once you have everything dialed in (wish someone had told me that when I started) make changes in small step, and keep track (log book) of everything you add. Above all else POST MORE PIC's... lol
 
Last edited:
Looks like you have a great start, keep it as stable as possible once you have everything dialed in (wish someone had to me that when I started) make changes in small step, and keep track (log book) of everything you add. Above all else POST MORE PIC's... lol


The tank has been up and running for 3 months already, the water is pretty stable. I been keeping a log also. I will try my best to update.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new