2x mp40s on back wall to achieve NTM

roggy23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it possible to achieve nutrient transport method if you place 2x mp40s on the back wall apart from each other vs on ends of tank?

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great..so the 2 pumps don't necessarily have to face each other? Can it be achieved with 1 pump then?
Any pumps that move waste in the water column will make it available to corals, skimmers, refugiums, chemical media, etc. Blowing the pumps into each other creates random flow which benefits corals by effectively removing waste from their surface and bringing them nutrients. You can do a similar thing by having one pump turn off and on at different intervals.

OP
OP
R

roggy23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any pumps that move waste in the water column will make it available to corals, skimmers, refugiums, chemical media, etc. Blowing the pumps into each other creates random flow which benefits corals by effectively removing waste from their surface and bringing them nutrients. You can do a similar thing by having one pump turn off and on at different intervals.
So 1 pump on side can achieve the NTM mode?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back