2X Octo Pulse 4 in push/pull setup

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChrisRD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ChrisRD

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2017
Messages
165
Reaction score
147
Location
Saugerties, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently setup an IM100 and have an Octo Pulse 4 in each of the back corners for flow. I've been playing with different flow modes on the Octo controller (the newer "plus" version) and the push-pull setup where one pump runs forward and the other runs backward works really well. I'm just not sure how "fish friendly" the backward running pump will be.

Anyone have experience with this setup or something similar that could weigh in? I have a 10 year old Cherub Angel in the tank who has been fine...but planning to add some more fish soon and got to thinking...
 
Nobody running these (or other) pumps backwards?
 
I run octo pulse pumps with reverse flows without issue.
 
Thanks for the reply.

Are you running Pulse 4 or the smaller pumps? Any small fish in your system?

I'm probably over thinking it...just don't want to dice anything up!
 
I have a pulse 2 and a pulse 4. The smallest fish I currently have in there are probably 1.5" anthias.

I don't think you'll have any problems, but if your worried you can always just start with the reverse on a really low setting
 
I run 2 pulse 2 and 2 pulse 4 with hydros control. Works quite well so far.
 
Thanks for the responses...feeling better!

The 2 Pulse 2 and 2 Pulse 4 on a Hydros Wave Engine is probably the way I'm going too (just need to add another Pulse 2 and the Hydros).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new