3 Hydra 52's or 5 Hydra 26's

  • Thread starter Thread starter 7akata
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

7akata

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2019
Messages
34
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 525 XL (59" x 22" x 22.6") and I'm curious what people think in regards to coverage and shading. This will be an SPS dominant, no clams, and I'm starting to think maybe the 5 26's is the way to go.
 
I have a 525 XL (59" x 22" x 22.6") and I'm curious what people think in regards to coverage and shading. This will be an SPS dominant, no clams, and I'm starting to think maybe the 5 26's is the way to go.

If you're set on just Hydra 26's or 52's, I'd vote for the 5 Hydra 26's. It would be slightly less output than 3 Hydra 52's but you'd get much more even coverage.

I only ask if you're set on that because I have the reefer 525 with 3 hydra 26hd's and a 48" dimmable t5 hybrid fixture which gives me a great, even spread with perfect PAR for acros.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new