3 way switch electrical question

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReeferBob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
1,505
Reaction score
588
Location
Damascus, MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used a 3 way switch backwards? What I mean is to supply 120 volt power to each of the traveler terminals and connect my device (in this case, a fan) to the normal 120 volt input of this switch? When I flipped the switch up it would direct power from one of the travelers to the fan and if I flipped it down it would direct power from the other traveler terminal to the fan. I am trying to create a bypass circuit for a fan so that I can either force it on or use a current sensor switch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new