3 weeks growth using kessil a360x

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eddie7144
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Eddie7144

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2014
Messages
977
Reaction score
569
Location
nyc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I screwed up the original post. I've had this piece for 3 months I upgraded to kessil a360x 2 months ago. The coral is still coloring up ,I'm curious to see how looks in a few months. This is new growth in the last 3 weeks. Growth is on the right side. Before and after pics.

20190627_133305.jpg 20190731_110828.jpg
 
Wow. What settings ?
Well I'm still tweeking my settings, as I have a standard 150 gal tank so its kinda deep. At first my max intensity was 70%, bumped it up to 80 % like 2 weeks ago. This week I pumped it up to 100% intensity. So far no bleaching, gonna keep it 100% for another week to see if it's worth it. If not will go back down to 80%. I also supplement with 1 t5 purple pluse to help eliminate shading.
 
Well I'm still tweeking my settings, as I have a standard 150 gal tank so its kinda deep. At first my max intensity was 70%, bumped it up to 80 % like 2 weeks ago. This week I pumped it up to 100% intensity. So far no bleaching, gonna keep it 100% for another week to see if it's worth it. If not will go back down to 80%. I also supplement with 1 t5 purple pluse to help eliminate shading.
Nice. What about the uV, red, green, white channel?
 
Red at 20% green at 10% during peek photo period , uv may 100%. Color 70% during peek daylight and ramps up and down for sunrise and sunset
Ahhh that sounds like some growth settings! Thank you.
 
Ahhh that sounds like some growth settings! Thank you.
Keeping my fingers crossed lol had to bump too 100% my dumb butt saw a 5 inch gold maxima clam and I bought it, so had to go to 100% lol
 
Is this without the lens? What depth would you guess the acro is at?
 
Is this without the lens? What depth would you guess the acro is at?
No lens , I'm poor I just use my phone for pics lol I just measured my lights are 7 inches above the water line and the coral is 14 inches down from the light.
 
I meant the kessil narrow reflector lens, sorry! Either way I’m pleasantly surprised by the growth!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new