3 years with my BioCube 29

avelino78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a roller coaster ride. I started strong then switched jobs and had my daughter. The tank was neglected for about 8 months to a year. I almost lost every coral. All the fish have survived but a cleaner shrimp that probably died of old age or something. The last year I have been doing a water change every week and set up my dosing pumps. I think everything is looking great.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420413855.039149.jpg

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! I wish my Biocube looked this nice. Mine is four months old and I keep battling something different all the time. Does it get any easier? :)

OP
OP
A

avelino78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Ecotech led and it does get easier. Kinda like cruise control but with that being said you must keep up with water changes or if not it will all go down hill.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often and how many gallons do you change? What filtration are you using?

I just installed an inTank media basket (purigen/chemi-pure elite) and Tunze 9001 skimmer.

Thanks!

OP
OP
A

avelino78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a skims skimmer that I cut down to fit in the first chamber. But I'm about to put a aquamaxx hob1. In the second cheer I have a intake media basket with filter floss, phosguard, and chemi pure elite. I also have a fudge basket with cheato with a magnet led jbj auto glo. In the third chamber I have a inovative marine desktop reactor with GFO. I do a 5 gallon water change every 7-9 days.

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on that pic it looks like the corals are all happy and healthy. The flesh on the torch goes pretty far down the stalk which is a good sign as well. Keep up the good work!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back