Reefster78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I really need advice.
Situation is following:
Tank is 110 gallons, started cycle 30 days ago with Dr Tim's one and only + ammonium chloride (Bacteria bottle for 130 gallons and 20ml ammonium) to be honest I didn't check of expiration date. Also with live sand and dry rocks.

First 5 days didn't happened almost nothing. Ammonia was more than 2 ppm and nitrites 0.3. (redsea test kits)
after this next 5 days I started to add a bit of microbacter 7 by 20-30ml per day. Nitrite started to rise a bit but ammonia was remain same at 2ppm.

So today is day 30 and now test results are:

IMG_20210820_160503.jpg
Ammonia 0.6
Nitrite more than 1ppm
Nitrate 40
pH 8.1
Kh 6.5 - 7

So ok ammonia will drop next few days to 0 also nitrite should lower to 0 as well right? What to do next? By the Dr Tim's instructions I should add ammonium 2 more times to complete the cycle. But I'm not sure it will be right way as the cycle lasts too long.

I would like to hear other opinions.

And thanks everyone

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they’re right it’s cycled all living systems keep some ammonia handy the old rules don’t apply, theyre designed to make you buy things like the second round of bacteria used. Nitrite has no factor any longer in reefing, new rules.

next step though it can carry fish isn’t to add fish, its two hours read in the fish disease forum so you can make a disease control option before adding fish

OP
OP
Reefster78

Reefster78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they’re right it’s cycled all living systems keep some ammonia handy the old rules don’t apply, theyre designed to make you buy things like the second round of bacteria used. Nitrite has no factor any longer in reefing, new rules.

next step though it can carry fish isn’t to add fish, its two hours read in the fish disease forum so you can make a disease control option before adding fish
I have already In my nano tank some fishes. clarkii clownfish I want to transfer him to bigger home. So it's clean and no desease :)

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back