30 gallon Aqua Japan AIO

maxs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2025
Messages
69
Reaction score
31
Location
Arizona USA
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys! My tank has been up and running since 10/18/25. This is my very first attempt at a reef tank and I really love the hobby. Had some weird diatoms/ brown algae in the beginning however it’s cleared up for the most part! Just have a tiny bit that lingers on the sand and glass as you may see. All my fish are happy and growing very fast and it’s just the best feeling in the world! The few soft corals I’ve added are adjusting well and coloring up really nicely.

Equipment
Eheim jager 150w heater
Inkbird heater controller
Sicce 1.5 return pump
Jebao SOW 4 wave maker
Ai prime 16hd
Tunze ATO
Eheim everyday (when I’m outta town)
Only running filter loss for mechanical filtration

IMG_6174.jpeg IMG_6175.jpeg IMG_6176.jpeg
 
Nice! It is a joy when you get past the pesty algae.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new