30 Year Old Mixed Reef 180 gal.

Hello & Welcome!
IMG_0273.jpeg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif
 
Ok, here is the info i promised. Tank started in 1993 as a 125. Changed to 180 in 2009. Sump is 40 breeder with float switch top off. Reef Octopus skimmer and submersible heater. Also media reactor with GFO to keep phosphates down. Nitrates are high but am unconcerned. Salinity 1.025 to 1.026. And i keep alkalinity low between 7 and 8 dkh. In my experience low alkalinity and high phosphates do well with LPS. Apparently SPS dont mind too much either, there is even a nice Acro there in the middle i have had for twenty years. I do water changes every 3 to 4 weeks at the rate of 33 1/3 %. I already posted info on the fish except i forgot to mention there is also a Polenni Grouper, Orangeback and mystery Wrasses as well. Thanks for all the welcoming! And when i get time i will post pictures of my Red Sea 900XXL fish only.
 
Oh, and this forum was highly recommended to me but i was unable to delete some duplicate messages i made by mistake?? Perhaps this is a job for moderators? Strange but no problem. I will make sure i spell everything right the first time….Lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new