300 gallon in Iowa

kev.2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, welcome. If you haven’t checked out GIRS yet, I highly recommend it. Local club for Iowa.

Last edited:

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dave1331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Dave.. I'm new too and getting a 300 gallon tank built.. Love your reef tank..I hope to get to your level one day.. Any advice on how and where you started in picking the right coral? Thanks, Chocodropp72
Hi, I pick them up from the local fish store but some from Tidal Gardens, Aquarium Depot alot from Reef Palooza. For my 60th birthday my wife bought me a plane ticket to go to the one in Orlando couple of years ago and then we went to the first one at Chicago, lot of coral and wide price range. I have gotten the cheaper coral and maybe down the road when I am comfortable with what I am doing then maybe some more expensive ones. My friends wouldn't know a low price coral or a expensive one.

Chocodropp72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once things settle down would like to see your tank. How long has it been up and running?
We are having a 300 gallon tank built now..Its suppose to be delivered mid February.. Cant wait..I want to do a reef tank..Trying yo figure out the right lights to purchase so the coral will thrive any suggestions..I will start a build thread and start posting pixs soon. Thanks

OP
OP
D

Dave1331

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are having a 300 gallon tank built now..Its suppose to be delivered mid February.. Cant wait..I want to do a reef tank..Trying yo figure out the right lights to purchase so the coral will thrive any suggestions..I will start a build thread and start posting pixs soon. Thanks
I have the Aqua Illumination 52 HD on the DT tank and have not had any problems and seem to be working just fine. I am setting up a 180 gallon in the shop for frags and came along some used Radion XR30 G4 so I bought them. Anxious to see how they work.

Chocodropp72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Aqua Illumination 52 HD on the DT tank and have not had any problems and seem to be working just fine. I am setting up a 180 gallon in the shop for frags and came along some used Radion XR30 G4 so I bought them. Anxious to see how they work.
Thanks I'm going to look into those lights.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back