300 Gallon Reef

CoreyWakefield123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking to start a 300 gallon reef. I'd like the tank to be at least 8 ft long, which seems a hard request to fill. I've messaged many of the common aquarium manufacturers, none of which have responded. This is my dream tank, I want it built right, but not over the top. I'd like 2 overflows, and glass construction, nothing super fancy. I've been in this hobby for over 15 years so I just want normal overflows, these H2overflows and hybrids confuse me. I want a basic 300 gallon with 2 classic overflows and 8 ft long ~300 gallon. I'm having a hard time finding companies that I feel good about.
Whats the best place fore this type of aquarium (I got turned off of glasscages.com despite the great prices)?

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Have you checked out Reef Savvy?

OP
OP
CoreyWakefield123

CoreyWakefield123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it seems they have quite the wait time for fabrication from what I've heard. Like a year...

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messaged them, prices seemed pretty high but have yet to hear back, thanks!

They are priced pretty high, but from everything I've read, they are the best in the business and worth the price and wait. They do have a pretty significant lead time so that could be why they are taking a few days to get back to you. You can always try messaging them on FB if they don't respond through the website.

OP
OP
CoreyWakefield123

CoreyWakefield123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are priced pretty high, but from everything I've read, they are the best in the business and worth the price and wait. They do have a pretty significant lead time so that could be why they are taking a few days to get back to you. You can always try messaging them on FB if they don't respond through the website.
I just feel from what I've seen that yes their work is beautiful but I dont need something over the top. I want something functional that wont bust a seem in a year. I dont need perfect pristine silicone lines and flawless work. I want a good price, functional, reliable 300 gallon without all the flash

OP
OP
CoreyWakefield123

CoreyWakefield123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard of a quote from them for a 72x24x24 for $4300, that ridiculously outrageous and WAY more than my wife would let me spend

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom Aquariums, Fish tanks direct are 2 companies I was considering when I bought my stock 150 gallon SC Aquariums tank. Some have said SC Aquariums can do custom work.

OP
OP
CoreyWakefield123

CoreyWakefield123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom Aquariums, Fish tanks direct are 2 companies I was considering when I bought my stock 150 gallon SC Aquariums tank. Some have said SC Aquariums can do custom work.
Custom aquariums doesnt do normal overflow that I'm aware of, they have this H2overflow that Im not confident in. Thats why I specified in my original post that I want normal overfows

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back