32 gallon biocube first tank aquascape

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some trial and error and buying a few more rocks i think i finally got my rocks how i want them. Just gotta wait for my ammonia/nitrate levels to go down and I'll be able to get my first fish.

Please tell me what you think

20210326_021223.jpg

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice! Only thing you might wanna think about is islands, unless your not worried about fast growers, (GSP, Xina etc.).

I know I had a hard time even making one island in mine, not too much floor space to work with.

Looks like you have enough room on all size for glass cleaning, and it’s not too high. Which is good for fish to swim and coral to grow.

Are the rocks sitting on the bottom of tank?

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice! Only thing you might wanna think about is islands, unless your not worried about fast growers, (GSP, Xina etc.).

I know I had a hard time even making one island in mine, not too much floor space to work with.

Looks like you have enough room on all size for glass cleaning, and it’s not too high. Which is good for fish to swim and coral to grow.

Yeah like you said the biocube doesn't have a lot of bottom area to play with, so I'll figure it out. And the rocks are touching the bottom that's why the sand looks so high

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Was going to ask the same question of are your rocks sitting on the glass bottom? If they are not make sure to either not got any sort of fish that digs in the sand and make sure the scape is stable.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like perfect scape for a biocube, in the end all that matters is you're happy with it. In the end it is your tank and you are the one that is going to look at it everyday.

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was going to ask the same question of are your rocks sitting on the glass bottom? If they are not make sure to either not got any sort of fish that digs in the sand and make sure the scape is stable.
Yeah the sand looks higher than it is because i pushed the rocks down towards the bottom until i heard them hit the glass. Do you think a blenny would be okay or is there not enough floor room in the tank?

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the sand looks higher than it is because i pushed the rocks down towards the bottom until i heard them hit the glass. Do you think a blenny would be okay or is there not enough floor room in the tank?
What blenny you looking for, mine hides in the rock work. Do you by any chance mean goby. I would say one of your fish can be a one that live in the sand easily.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some trial and error and buying a few more rocks i think i finally got my rocks how i want them. Just gotta wait for my ammonia/nitrate levels to go down and I'll be able to get my first fish.

Please tell me what you think

20210326_021223.jpg
Looks awesome

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

theres only one reason I’d post a 23 page thread on your new build.
it’s because the entire trajectory of your reef is on file and heading into 2023 your tank is going exactly this way, bet.

*if that’s a spoiler then do not click the link, roll with what your reef presents live time.

but if you want to see the good, bad, the ugly, what filters to run, what not to run, what to test for, what not to test for, the loss, the wins, of what is factually coming to your reef over 24 months u might want to click that bad boy

perfect scape, agreed. Clean swim through arch with high surface area.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 117 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back