OP
Zarabyte

Zarabyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife busy outside in the background cutting some palm trees branches so we can let in more light
20220101_100532.jpg

OP
OP
Zarabyte

Zarabyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New water is mixed so later today we will do water change on the coral only tank and then add the water we took out of that tank into this one the picture is coral only tank day time lights off.

20220101_115335.jpg

OP
OP
Zarabyte

Zarabyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish only tank no 2 we will do some fish we collect local like butterfly cleaner wrasse maybe or African corris , goldies angels and so on oh and have to get so.e triggers and a hawkish.
20220106_074752.jpg

OP
OP
Zarabyte

Zarabyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top tank will be a give away to a buddy his kid really want a tank the bottem one will be a lagoon style tank I have to set up soon with seahorses maybe and some manderin maybe not sure yet.
20220106_075717.jpg

OP
OP
Zarabyte

Zarabyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last weekend we had some tropical thunderstorms so we never went to collect some stuff for the tanks. So hopefully this weekend we will have some clear weather. We want to see if we can collect some surgeon fish and maybe a poor mans idol as we are going to be collecting in a canal that was dug during the second world war to hide submarines and so on. You can find some seahorses there to but we are not allowed to collect those and we are not allowed to collect mangrove plants as well, You get some crocks and hippos there to so you have to watch out . On Sunday we might go collect some micro algae and some zoas at a different area on the beach we sometimes get some crocks and hippos swim out on the beach as well and i know they spotted leopard prowling the beach.

OP
OP
Zarabyte

Zarabyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well We did not go to collect anything because of bad weather again and now I will have to wait a while to go again because the wife is working 6 weekends in a row , and if my wife dont go I dont go we do these things together. On the other hand I have alot of free time so I will do some other stuff I decided to do up the tank we are keeping for fish only and add a very big sunken submarine in there since i am collecting the fish from the canal that was used in the second world war to keep hidden submarines . Maybe I will add also a sunken plane replica of some sort we have some werckage of second world war planes here in my home town but the waters are invested with crocks so nobody dares to go near. here is a pic of the tank that will be holding the sub and so on and a picture of the sub just on the floor still have to clean it up properly.
20220106_074752.jpg
20220111_194958.jpg

OP
OP
Zarabyte

Zarabyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well mean while back to the tank that will be anemone only tank . it has some nice diatom alge blooms , this is good and is exactly what we ordered for today. I wonder what happened to my diatom filter havent seen that guy since the late 80s :rolleyes:. anyhow I like talking to myself so lets put up a pic of our nice bloom. I did however started dosing Limewater and we have small patches of coroline apparing now along with the diatom bloom.

20220112_143403.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zarabyte

Zarabyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral only tank got a new coral yesterday that needs no introduction, we can call it for now the soft coral only tank and just leave it at that. Also the tank is getting alot of pods growing now.
20220112_202248.jpg
20220112_202151.jpg

OP
OP
Zarabyte

Zarabyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was preparing a fresh batch of lime water today at the lab at work and I was thinking of maybe some other people will like to see how I do it . I have looked on the internet how pro refers are doing it and it's diffrent totaly of how I am doing it. So who wants to see ?

OP
OP
Zarabyte

Zarabyte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well nothing much to update really things are still in the maturing stages and I like to do it slow. The only real big thing that happened is my 5 year old daughter decided that she wanted to give dosing a try and added a whole bottle of soda in the 20 gallon that will be the anemone only tank, now the one thing I did not want to do I had to do and I added a skimmer and did some very wet skimming. I did not do any water change and the water is all cleared up. We will see how it goes it will be a few months before I add any anemone anyway. I don’t want to do any skimming in this tank because I will be adding the stuff that likes the stuff the skimmer takes out and since there are no fish why bother. I want to add some few pieces of micro algae to this system as well so just biological filtration plus adding a few nutrients should be ok. Oh and I became a grandfather again my eldest daughter she is 24 now had a baby girl, I have way to many children :rolleyes: anyway some pictures of the 20 gallon nothing special happening for now.

20220120_105727.jpg
20220120_105742.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats gramps... :)

nothing special happening for now...:rolleyes::)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back