OP
OP
J

JasTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small rock joined with Cycrylonate glue and sand or Marco cement will cover that overflow nicely.
Actually not a bad idea. I like the way I have that pictured in my head. Could have rocks kind of bow out out of it like caves coming off the overflow down to the sand . If it’s actually cubed I would definitely want it somewhere in the house I could see all four sides of the glass into the tank. Since the overflow is in the center.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely, the first thing I’ll be buying is the rock so I can play with it a lot while I am waiting on the rest of the supplies. I imagine it will take me a while to have the money for everything very expensive hobby I have become addicted too.
For sure. Cube will be even worse because of the lighting needs.

OP
OP
J

JasTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure. Cube will be even worse because of the lighting needs.
Yeah definitely, being a deeper tank is one thing I never liked about cubes. If I was buying another tank brand new I would never have it cubed but it’s 400$ and sump ready and honestly such a good deal I don’t care that it’s cubed. Think tangs would be okay? Or would they be out the question bc of dimensions. Not a very long tank for them but it’s not small either.

OP
OP
J

JasTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So It could be 300g at 48 by 48 by 30, thought I’d let y’all know it is possible to have a 300g cube.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back