350 gallon finally ready for water

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The day has come and it is finally time to go real big. Tank is an 8 x 3 x 2 acrylic tank from fish tanks direct , custom built 4 ft stand , my old 180 converted to a sump with a 37 gallon for ATO water storage.
Running 4 radion xr30s hung from the ceiling , 2 ecotech vectra m2 return pumps, 2 vortec mp40s , tunze ATO and algae scrubber powered by a smaller dc pump .

IMG_1097 by , on Flickr

20200410_200847 by , on Flickr

20200411_233805 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/95924624@N04/, on Flickr

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh heck yeah I spent the better part of the last cpl days thinking about a BIG tank.
so for how do you like the tank? is that the Tsunami brand?

really nice dems on that tank!

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is their tsunami brand tank. I really like it. It has beveled edges which I actually did not even think about and ask for which is really nice. The backing is not a coating but actually black acrylic and looks really good. There are recesses for the lids in the top which I am not sure I will be using and also the overflow covers that sit on the top are real sleek . They were really easy to work with and if you put enough down you can do payments. Price point was really good as well because there is a set price for overflows and holes and they do not charge per hole like some other places I was looking into . If I got a tank any taller it would have been double the cost. They also finished it almost 3 weeks ahead of schedule due to the fact they had multiple 350 builds at once.

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might try some cheaper corals but it's a fish only tank. Currently have my purple tang , leuitentant tang, koran angel, gold stripe maroon clown and spiny box puffer in a stock tank. My only set plans for fish to add right now is a blue throat trigger , decent school of chromis and Anthias and still toying with the idea of a queen angel.

Dipan Desai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That gonna look awesome. My set up 60x30x24 but a peninsula. Kinda wish I would have gone at least 36 wide.

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally I was looking at the 30 inch wide but I think it was only like 90 bucks cheaper

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The day has come and it is finally time to go real big. Tank is an 8 x 3 x 2 acrylic tank from fish tanks direct , custom built 4 ft stand , my old 180 converted to a sump with a 37 gallon for ATO water storage.
Running 4 radion xr30s hung from the ceiling , 2 ecotech vectra m2 return pumps, 2 vortec mp40s , tunze ATO and algae scrubber powered by a smaller dc pump .

IMG_1097 by , on Flickr

20200410_200847 by , on Flickr

20200411_233805 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/95924624@N04/, on Flickr
I know that's a huge tank, but I feel like the pictures do not do it justice yet. Need something in there for comparison.

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that's a huge tank, but I feel like the pictures do not do it justice yet. Need something in there for comparison.
Trust me I am trying haha . I have a 200 and a 150 GPD going at once .

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is their tsunami brand tank. I really like it. It has beveled edges which I actually did not even think about and ask for which is really nice. The backing is not a coating but actually black acrylic and looks really good. There are recesses for the lids in the top which I am not sure I will be using and also the overflow covers that sit on the top are real sleek . They were really easy to work with and if you put enough down you can do payments. Price point was really good as well because there is a set price for overflows and holes and they do not charge per hole like some other places I was looking into . If I got a tank any taller it would have been double the cost. They also finished it almost 3 weeks ahead of schedule due to the fact they had multiple 350 builds at once.

that is good to know about the payment plan. do they charge interest? what % down are we talking about 25%-50%? did you pay what there website list them for?

I had I 240 acrylic years and years ago I love how 2 guys to move it no problem. if I do a big tank it will have to go in the basement so acrylic seems nice...but I am worries about scratching. why did you go acrylic over glass?

post up some pic of the top :D

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 40% if I remember correctly and they will put it on the board to be built. 6 weeks is the usual build time . Just have to finish paying it off before that and it ships with no extra charges. Prices are exact for the tank you build on the site nothing extra there either . The display is about 3/4 full finally and got some salt in there. I have the trapezoid overflows with 3 openings at the top. I got some pics but It wasn't exactly easy haha.....

20200412_213420 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iPHr7n]20200412_213328
by https://www.flickr.com/photos/95924624@N04/

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I need a bit of help here. Out of 4 overflows I have 3 draining. Both right sides drain and only one left side drains. Removing one from the left side overflow will make the other pipe in the left overflow start draining and even after re installing the pipe it will continue to drain only in the pipe I did not remove. If I remove the other pipe then the one left in will drain and continue to drain when installing the other. Not sure if that made sense to anyone. How can I get both pipes in the left overflow draining at once?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm

what style of drain did the tank come with?
did you do any mods?

have you checked level of the tank with and with out water?

maybe you have E drains-1 each side?? can we get a pic of inside the over flow if possible?

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a question. What if I do not have enough flow for all four drains to operate? Not my exact numbers but using them as an example so lets say return pumps put out 500 gph total and I have 4 drains that can handle 250 gph each would only 2 drains work since there is only half the drain capacity is being used due to lower gph return pumps ?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like they are durso drain lines I like full siphon with E drain my self, so much quieter and easier to dial in IMHO
you could still run herbie style very easy on that tank.

1586821552585.png

1586821579916.png

1586821610479.png

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a question. What if I do not have enough flow for all four drains to operate? Not my exact numbers but using them as an example so lets say return pumps put out 500 gph total and I have 4 drains that can handle 250 gph each would only 2 drains work since there is only half the drain capacity is being used due to lower gph return pumps ?

I dont think so I would think the both would flow a little * if both durso are the same height. have you checked maybe one is taller? or not pushed all the way in to the bulk head?

OP
OP
Hondatek

Hondatek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I removed everything and checked the height and all . Good info I might change it up since It seems like it is way too noisy the way it is now. So I see like little trickles of water coming out the bottom . I will just roll with it for now and see how it goes while I keep working on other stuff. I don't thinks its going to hurt anything for right now anyways.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hope you get it working for ya. if going herbie get a gate valve not ball vale ( like in the pic) to control the full siphon. they can be a bit pricey but well worth it . supplyhouse.com tend to have good pricing on plumbing stuff

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back