35g rimless lagoon

Corfff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first show off thread or build thread whatever you want to call it, but I'm really happy with the way it came out so I wanted to hear some feed back from you guys. I recently purchased a 35 gallon DSA rimless(24x24x12.5) with a DIY black stand and 15 gallon sump from a LFS. I was looking into the IM Nuvo 40 or 50 lagoon, but decided I wanted a sump instead of an AIO system. I got a great package deal on the tank which also included a 150w cobalt neotherm, 40lbs dry rock and sand, and well as a Rio return pump(can't remember the GPH at the moment). I only ended up using around 30lbs of sand and 20-25 lbs of rock. The tank has since been setup, cycled, and has already been stocked(mostly with the livestock from my old 20g high build). Anyways, I am very excited to get this tank thriving and can't wait to see my corals grow out. Along with the livestock from my 20g I recently added 11 new corals from the WWC live sale and everything seems to be doin great. I'm using this thread to show off my tank that I am very proud of, but also to get some opinions on the aquascape and if you have any constructive criticism I will gladly listen. Looking forward to updating this and showing you guys progress!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Corfff

Corfff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now working on uploading pictures of my 20g (now a quarantine tank) and the 35g rimless display!

OP
OP
Corfff

Corfff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few shots of the 20g image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Corfff

Corfff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now some of the 35! (Sorry all of the pictures with livestock were taken at night so the blues are up pretty high)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Corfff

Corfff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to post more pictures tonight if I have a chance. I'm going for a more LPS dominated tank, but I do have a couple SPS frags and some mushrooms. As far as fish, I have a pair of mocha clowns and a leopard wrasse. I would eventually like to take a chance on a dwarf angel probably a coral beauty or flame angel. I know some say they'll nip at SPS, but since my tank isn't big enough for my favorite fish (purple tang) I'll have to settle for something similar. Anyways I hope you guys tag along for the progress of this tank and again any feedback is much appreciated

OP
OP
Corfff

Corfff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! And I'm using a Radion G1 XR30 with the upgraded TIR lense. I love the way my tank looks with the light, but unfortunately I'm not a fan of the Ecotech online software so I'll hopefully be trying to trade it soon for something else soon.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

2Hearted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, nice setup. I was looking at the same aquarium and stand today at my lfs. Are there any updates on the equipment setup? I'm curious about the sump, dosing pumps, reactors, plumbing, etc. Considering this tank versus some of the red sea reefer tanks. Sort of a bummer that in the model I saw, only 2 drilled holes in the overflow. Any thoughts of adding a third? Thanks!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 107 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.1%

Back