OP
Aardvark1134

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5026.jpg

Its coming along really well. Almost done with fish then will be time to start on corals

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were topless I would agree. But since its acrylic with poly carbonite lids the only places for evaporation are the overflow box and the sump. If I need to I have enough room I could put in a 40G long for the ATO. But since only the sump will have evaporation I expect the 20 to be enough. I will know about a week after I get it up and running lol. If you end up right then there is a 40G long in my future.
I've read somewhere that lids might cause issues with light penetrating through to corals and algae growth. Are you worried about it? I'm new to reefing but not freshwater where it didn't matter about the light growing anything. But was a pain to have to always clean up.

OP
OP
Aardvark1134

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have measured par through the lids and am getting plenty of par. Actually had to turn my main lights down a little. Most lights are plenty strong these days to deal with a polycarbonate lid. Now if you are talking cheap glass lids ...they block much more.

OP
OP
Aardvark1134

Aardvark1134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There have been a few changes as some combinations of fish were not working so I changed a few. But overall tank is doing well and the dwarfs ate the mild ugly stage. Think almost ready for some corals.
It was dinner time so they refused to hold still for a good pic

Attachments

• IMG_5078.jpg
    IMG_5078.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5086.jpg
    IMG_5086.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 64

Kalinina

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Any updates with your cycle and tank? I am waiting for the same dimension tank from Tsunami! Can you share pics of your plumbing in your UV? I have the same one as well, just curious how you plumbed it in. So glad I found your build thread! How are your fish doing? Have you added corals yet?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back