36gal hex powerheads and placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter mallery8p
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mallery8p

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2015
Messages
121
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my 35gal hex tank up and running for about 8 months now and don't think I'm getting the right flow and have some dead spots in it. I currently have a 380gph I believe and a 180 gph powerhead. Would these be enough to get the flow right and what would be a good placement for them.
 
Pics would help but ideally you will just have to move your powerheads around until you hit that sweet spot. Aquascaping will play a big role in placement.
 
For some reason it won't let me put on pic on here but all my rock work is on the back half of the tank and about half way up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new