OP
OP
K

kangadrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A large group of royal grammas could look nice or even black cap grammas.
A pair of jawfish would be interesting. Maybe a marine betta too as a medium sized interesting fish . Sunburst or blotched anthias would look nice without clashing much with the activity of the wrasse . Vampire tangs are rather personable and not the meanest of tangs . Hope this helps
Not a huge fan of the betta - but the grammas would be pretty cool! I agree that the anthias might be cool as well.

For anyone - how does a tang-less tank sound? Instead of any tangs, I would instead do a group of 4 pyramid butterflies. So final stock list would be comprised of:
  • (3x) Japanese swallowtail angelfish
  • (2x) Coral beauty angelfish
  • (1x) Regal angelfish
  • (25-30x) Fairy/flasher/pencil/leopard wrasses
  • (2x) Midas blennies
  • (2x) Clownfish
I am considering a few other additions - namely... a separate ~50 gallon system for gorgonians and a group of royal grammas :D
In this system though, I am looking into housing a peacock mantis in the refugium, and a starry blenny and sixline wrasse in the frag tank. Any thoughts on how to improve on a small fish crew in the frag tank? No tangs or rabbits, it's 36x18x8 (~23 gallons).
As far as a clean up crew in the tank, I'm thinking mostly snails - with maybe a few hermit crabs for entertainment. And shrimp for fun as well.

Thoughts?
Drew

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are up for a bit of challenge you could try dragonface pipefish in the frag tank although they may get large I think they could work, once the tank is relatively established though. They're supposed to be good for flatworms control , a Mandarin might do the same job. I would advise it be best to do research on the pipefish first to make sure they're suitable if you do go ahead with the idea. Blue sapphire damsels are known to eat flatworms too and are easier to keep and are some of the more peaceful damsels

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back