3D net cover parts

Gwcreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where to get the 3D files for diy net cover corners for a rimless tank that sit flush on top of the rim? I saw a few files but they were the type that sit over the rim.
Thanks

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the clips that go over the edge of the glass to let the net cover sit flush with the top? I found these on thingiverse, but there are a bunch of different files for the same thing, so I'm guessing I've misunderstood what you're trying to find.

OP
OP
G

Gwcreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the clips that go over the edge of the glass to let the net cover sit flush with the top? I found these on thingiverse, but there are a bunch of different files for the same thing, so I'm guessing I've misunderstood what you're trying to find.

I finally found one that was the style I was looking for. Thanks for your help, for some reason I can never find things when I do a search .... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3960290/files

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mvpemmitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally found one that was the style I was looking for. Thanks for your help, for some reason I can never find things when I do a search .... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3960290/files
Are these the corners that slip into the aluminum screen rails that are usually made for window screens? Of course with the added piece to hold it onto the tank rim on each piece?

thx

OP
OP
G

Gwcreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these the corners that slip into the aluminum screen rails that are usually made for window screens? Of course with the added piece to hold it onto the tank rim on each piece?

thx
These corners will fit the rail you can buy at Home Depot, Lowes...

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These corners will fit the rail you can buy at Home Depot, Lowes...
I did not make one for the regular outside corner, since I bought Red Sea ones from BRS, but I have made a model for an inside corner and a straight double tab with an offset in the middle for going around hang-on-back equipment.

It sounds like you found what you needed, but I could probably make a model for you if you need anything more and send me specifications. From your request for a model, I assume you have your own 3D printer or access to one?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 55 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back