3rd MP40 on Back Panel

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a pair of MP40s on my 90g RR. The left and master is a qd. The right is an ES.

I have another ES laying around but it needs a wet side. When it failed around a year ago I opted to upgrade to a QD on the primary pump. Not sure if I would get a wetside or move the working es to the rear and get another QD for the right.

I know the vortech pumps can be set into a back side mode. But I haven't been able to find many people discussing their experiences using a pump in the back side mode.

My rockwork is kind of split into 2 sections. Left side has an arch. The right side is more of a rubble pile. In between is a gap to the right of the overflow where I would place the rear mp40. Overly blue cell phone pic attached.

Just curious if anyone has ran the powerheads this way and how you felt about the flow.

ed22a2de80c43831aa10031344d7b558.jpg

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno if they've actually named something "Backside Mode™" but they are all back side modes. Use the mode that works the best in your situation....not the one they've named in a particular way. :)

Shouldn't need a 3rd mp40 in a 48" tank, but it wouldn't hurt either! :)

If you're itching to get that pump working, I wouldn't hesitate.

(But I would probably spend the money on a different pump if it were me....I have two dead mp40's in a box. No more of that!)

OP
OP
I

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked Apex Fusion, the mode I am referring to is called Eco-Back mode.

Current setup for the pumps, flow peaks at 85% for a few hours and overnight is set for 40% on lagoon mode

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back