4 AI Prime 16 Hd enough?

The_Barrs_Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
159
Reaction score
49
Location
Rowlett, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently got my new 120gal tank up and running, I currently have have 4 prime 16 hds about 8 in off the water running saxby and I'm wounding if they will be enough to grow sps on the top parts of my rock and if so do I need to make the saxby program a little stonger/intense to help as well??
thanks in advance.

20200524155053.jpg
 
Looks like you have pretty good coverage not too many shadows. The only way to tell for sure is renting a par meter. My tanks is 36 inches long and I have 3 16’s and a bunch of acros in the top 3rd of the tank growing nicely. Here is how I have them. I used to run Saxby but that turned into this.

9A5C4FED-524F-4559-9106-6FF36E664146.png C541C1FF-43DD-4121-A59F-CD5C5A8E8B56.png
 
Looks like you have pretty good coverage not too many shadows. The only way to tell for sure is renting a par meter. My tanks is 36 inches long and I have 3 16’s and a bunch of acros in the top 3rd of the tank growing nicely. Here is how I have them. I used to run Saxby but that turned into this.

9A5C4FED-524F-4559-9106-6FF36E664146.png C541C1FF-43DD-4121-A59F-CD5C5A8E8B56.png
Thank you that's actually a ton of help
 
Thank you that's actually a ton of help
BRS is supposed to have out soon a video going over optimal height and spacing for the 16’s plus Spectrum recommendations. They did the 64 and 32 but we got to wait. Your tank looks great and it’s not a super huge expense if you gotta get 1 more.
 
BRS is supposed to have out soon a video going over optimal height and spacing for the 16’s plus Spectrum recommendations. They did the 64 and 32 but we got to wait. Your tank looks great and it’s not a super huge expense if you gotta get 1 more.
Yea i seen that been checking all the time waiting for it.
Thank u again!
 
I'm pretty sure they already have one out (maybe 2) where they test 4-6 and 8 ai primes on a 120g
Yea those were for just the regular HD not the 16hds. BRS put out a message last week on there #AskBRSTV page that they were doing the new ones soon
 
I think you may need 1 or 2 more in the long run but I’m sure it’ll work well for now. You could always grab a single T5 bulb fixture to add.
 
I think you may need 1 or 2 more in the long run but I’m sure it’ll work well for now. You could always grab a single T5 bulb fixture to add.
I thought about that but I have a canopy that sits on my tank and from what I seen the mounts won't work :(
 
Check out the par database. You should get some ballpark figures. I have 3 primes over my 65 gallon, but I’m supplementing with t5’s and I’m getting 500 par in some spots with a 350 average across the top third of my 25 inch deep tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new