Office Pico Reef (Advance Build) LEAKED!

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef, I will document my 4 Gallon nano built on here. I don't know what I have in mind for it yet. I recently shut it down and decided to go another route. It had a Amazon LED light which was good enough for softies but not for SPS or LPS. So the next light should be a little stronger but not too strong. This is my office tank so it sits on top of me and can be blinding to my eyes some times...So I plan to have a 5 gallon top off tank on the outside room and 1/4" tubing ran inside to my office. Here is the current picture of it. Also I will removed the crush corals its not fun to have as sand. So sand will be one of the next process.

Tank is 4 gallon include:
Upgraded return pump for more circulation (instead of having a power-head)
15 watt heater
3lb rock

Future plans:
Either a: High end Nems: Inferno, Colorado?? Extra long pace Gonna take long time to save up
Either a: Standard RBTA or GBTA combo?? Fast pace
Either a: Zoas collection?? Fast Pace
Either a: SPS dominate?? Medium pace
Either a: LPS Dominate?? Medium pace
Or a mix reef??? Fast pace

Maintenance will be using my existing water from my 210 water change to swap out 1 gallon monthly. No fish is planned tank is too small!

Here the current picture: Its very sad to see it sitting there and no life inside.

20180127_165604 by Tony Nguyen, on Flickr

Stay tune for more, thanks for looking!

OP
OP
TonyNguyen

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Here is my main concern keeping it stable since its so small. I have a trick up my sleeve and it involve my kalkwasser stirrer and my ATO tank. The plan is to run 90% RODI water and 10% kalkwasser drip. To conclude this, I made up my mine for a full blown SPS Pico....

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I find great about these little guys is the ability to completely clean them out if algae or detritus get away from you. I have one 6g that is mostly lps (two bits of sps) and one that is zoas and rock nems with one bta.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, here are the two tanks. Both are Fluval Edge 6g. The second is the rock nem and zoas. It was taken in Nov and now has more zoas, a bta, and the rock nems are huge. Also has crabs, davinchi clown babies.
tank1.jpg
tank 2.jpg

OP
OP
TonyNguyen

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is true! I also have a rock that is like a cylinder may also look cool! But ill run with this rock for now...=)

OP
OP
TonyNguyen

TonyNguyen

Unkown
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a little DIY project for the reactor. I ordered a 3 RPM motor with high torque. I made this before with a higher rev, but since this is a small tank the kalkwasser does not need to the spinning as fast. Here is a picture and a short clip of the RPM. Sorry for the mess, it will get clean up later this is the testing stage!

20180206_113803 by Tony Nguyen, on Flickr

20180206_113755 by Tony Nguyen, on Flickr

20180206_113742 by Tony Nguyen, on Flickr

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back