40 breeder aquascape

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just filled it with water a couple days ago so it’s still a little cloudy but here it is.

I read through a lot of the threads on here and it helped me tremendously. Thank you!

I tore down my 75 gallon tank about ten years ago and thankfully kept all the rock that I had acquired over the years. I had no plans of having another tank until I went to a pet store with a friend who was starting up a tank. Long story short, a switch was flipped and here I am.

I’m pretty happy with the layout. This time around I used super glue and baking soda to glue some of the rocks together. It gave me a lot more options than just stacking rocks like I had before. I might add a few ledges to the tall rock on the right eventually.

I did read the sticky on the 2/3rds rule and tried to get artsy fartsy with the arrangement. Not sure I am even using the 2/3rds with this but it looks better than a pile of rocks I think and it “draws the eye” hopefully.

I think I hit most of the highlights. It’s got some caves, some islands and some open space for swimming along with different elevations for different corals. I even managed to start it at the back right (as you’re looking at it) and stop in the left front.

IMG_0531.jpeg IMG_0534.jpeg IMG_0535.jpeg IMG_0536.jpeg

OP
OP
Thumbster

Thumbster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I had no idea what I was doing so I watched a ton of YouTube videos.
What I DID know was that if my rocks kept falling over while I was arranging them in the tank I was going to break my glass so I copied a video from BRS and made a “tank” from scrap wood so I could visualize the rocks.

Also it felt like blasphemy taking a hammer to the rocks lol. I’m happy I did though. A couple of the rocks were just round and there wasn’t much I could do with them plus I used the rock dust to hide the glue seams.

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpeg
    IMG_0501.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 40

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back