OP
OP
AustinBabler

AustinBabler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0718.jpeg I’m going to have to start getting rid of some of these Stomatella snails soon…they’re becoming a problem. I probably have over 100. Started with 2 about 4 months ago

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0718.jpeg I’m going to have to start getting rid of some of these Stomatella snails soon…they’re becoming a problem. I probably have over 100. Started with 2 about 4 months ago
Why? (get rid of stomatella snails)
Is that the sump? Seems like you'd want them eating the algae that I think I see on the glass.
*can't tell much from the picture but assume they're truly stomatella and you've already identified

OP
OP
AustinBabler

AustinBabler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only clean the front glass. I let the sides and back go for weeks at a time. Gives the copepods something to do. And I don’t mean get rid of ALL of them but if they’re going to be prolific breeders I might as well get some store credit or make some money off them. I had a few in my old system but they never reproduced.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only clean the front glass. I let the sides and back go for weeks at a time. Gives the copepods something to do. And I don’t mean get rid of ALL of them but if they’re going to be prolific breeders I might as well get some store credit or make some money off them. I had a few in my old system but they never reproduced.
Ahh,,, I see. I'd call that uptown problems. (Would happily take some off your hands if I was local)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back