40 Breeder Build

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have already set up the tank and have it going but here is the process so far. I wanted room on either side for a small frag tank or decorations. I made the stand with a fake front that is held on with magnets. The stand was pained white, then blue and then distressed until it looked like an antique.
For the sump I used another 40 breeder and put in an acrylic piece to hold three 4" filter socks for mechanical filtration and later I plan to add a basket of cheato or something. Once I stock more fish than I can count I will likely move to my octopus regal 200 internal skimmer rated for 400 gallons, maybe, I haven't decided where I am going with the tank quite yet. I will likely at that time add a pellet reactor as well.
For the overflow I built an acrylic ghost type box and went with a bean animal style.

40 Breeder display
40 Breeder Sump (DIY)
Custom DIY Stand
Hydra HD lights (26 and a prime)
SCA 302 Skimmer
Jebao 9000 Return
Jebao 10 pumps
Aquaforest salt

Working towards a mixed reef tank, inhabitants are 2 Bangai cardinals, 2 lightening maroons, and a bi color blenny. I plan to overstock fish eventually with more than likely Anthias and some other smaller fish.

Photos

stand frame.jpg

Stand naked.jpg

Stand White.jpg

Sump.jpg

sump sock holder.jpg

Tank and Stand.jpg

thrasher1472

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, nice work! Designing and building the tank is always the fun part. Plenty of room for a frag tank or two down the road. How about a close up of the tank

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have already set up the tank and have it going but here is the process so far. I wanted room on either side for a small frag tank or decorations. I made the stand with a fake front that is held on with magnets. The stand was pained white, then blue and then distressed until it looked like an antique.
For the sump I used another 40 breeder and put in an acrylic piece to hold three 4" filter socks for mechanical filtration and later I plan to add a basket of cheato or something. Once I stock more fish than I can count I will likely move to my octopus regal 200 internal skimmer rated for 400 gallons, maybe, I haven't decided where I am going with the tank quite yet. I will likely at that time add a pellet reactor as well.
For the overflow I built an acrylic ghost type box and went with a bean animal style.

40 Breeder display
40 Breeder Sump (DIY)
Custom DIY Stand
Hydra HD lights (26 and a prime)
SCA 302 Skimmer
Jebao 9000 Return
Jebao 10 pumps
Aquaforest salt

Working towards a mixed reef tank, inhabitants are 2 Bangai cardinals, 2 lightening maroons, and a bi color blenny. I plan to overstock fish eventually with more than likely Anthias and some other smaller fish.

Photos

stand frame.jpg

Stand naked.jpg

Stand White.jpg

Sump.jpg

sump sock holder.jpg

Tank and Stand.jpg

Love that stand !!! Are you storing anything in the side boxes ?

OP
OP
buck27

buck27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that stand !!! Are you storing anything in the side boxes ?
I currently just have power strips on one side and my reef supplies on the other with my ATO. It works pretty good and I am happy with it but the front has since warped just a hair and I need stronger magnets but that's an easy fix.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 68 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back