40 breeder predator tank.

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to set up a small Predator Tank. I know I want to do a small angler and a small lionfish. Other then those two what else could I put in with them? I do want to be able to keep some coral in the tank. I'm fine with some fish that are reef safe with caution as long as you guys think most of the time they're fine. I willing to take the risk.

Thanks in advance.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anglers are actually fish I don't recommend with much else. They can literally eat things bigger than them. Even if the lion is bigger than them, they can eat it. If the lion is big enough so that the angler can't eat it, the lion will be able to eat the angler. Ditch the angler and your tankmate options will open up tremendously.

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'll have to think about that. Thanks for the information. I was thinking about a puffer. I know with a puffer I run the risk of it eating coral but is it fine with a lion fish. Also I live is FL so I am very limited as to what lion fish I can import into the state. I would love a Antennata Lionfish but don't know how I would get one here legally any idea?

Reef_Tank_Fan_SC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'll have to think about that. Thanks for the information. I was thinking about a puffer. I know with a puffer I run the risk of it eating coral but is it fine with a lion fish. Also I live is FL so I am very limited as to what lion fish I can import into the state. I would love a Antennata Lionfish but don't know how I would get one here legally any idea?
I would black market him.. pick it up and drive it over the border.. lol

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you can't get one legally unless you find someone who has had one before the ban came into effect. It sucks that the whole Pterois genus is out of reach for you. At first, they were going to ban ALL lions, but they finally settled on just the one genus.

What kind of puffer were you looking at?

OP
OP
cody hendrix

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking Blue Spotted Puffer or Hawaiian Saddle Puffer. Also would a flame angel be ok in with them?

Back