40 Breeder Stocking List

eserechen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I'm new to saltwater and in the middle of setting up my first reef tank which is a 40b. I was just wanting some opinions on my future stocking list and if they're all going to be peaceful to each other and corals. I was thinking about eventually adding a snowflake clown, a coral beauty angle, 6 line wrasse, and a green mandarin. thank you eric

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You're doing the right thing about researching the fish before you just throw them in your tank. Keep searching here and reading about all the fish you want.

The snowflake will work out great! The Mandarin would probably do better in a larger tank. The six line could be a terror to all other fish, they're hit and miss. The angels have been known to nip at some corals.

Good luck!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You're doing the right thing about researching the fish before you just throw them in your tank. Keep searching here and reading about all the fish you want.

The snowflake will work out great! The Mandarin would probably do better in a larger tank. The six line could be a terror to all other fish, they're hit and miss. The angels have been known to nip at some corals.

Good luck!

+1 to everything above.

jokervueboi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While you wait for the tank to cycle. Think about seeding your tank some copepods. So that they're population will bloom before you add the mandarin, hences It's main source of food and high metabolism. That way you won't have to worry about it starving

OP
OP
E

eserechen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for all your replies, I will definitely wait atleast 6 month before adding the mandarin. I prob wont do the wrasse and might do a pair of clowns but may still chance the angel idk yet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Blackcat1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for some examples of some small tank fish that are pretty cool and that should be fairly peaceful together, the following is my stocking list for my 75g. I don't have very many fish and the ones I do keep I like to keep the fish kind of smallish side so I don't every have to worry about overpopulating or have to get rid of them in the event they get too big. My livestock includes the following Fantail Orange Filefish and a Firefish Goby along with a mated pair of Ocellaris, bonded pair of Pajamas, bonded pair of Banggais, a cleaner shrimp and a BTA. Probably pretty boring although with the exception of the clowns, everything is fairly inexpensive; as much as it can be with a SW reef tank. I am a novice at the coral world and have ventured into the zoanthids and some mushrooms although none of the fish seem to both anything in there.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back