40 gal tank lid/light suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter BaraBlu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BaraBlu

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
2
Location
Las Vegas
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, have a quick question that I have. I have a 40 gal tank that's just finished it's cycle so I got my first fish for it today. I'm looking to do a soft/lps tank and wanted to know some light/stand combo options for it to grow them while not breaking my wallet. Also I'm not sure what lid to get for it to avoid any jumpers I get in the future. Im looking into which one I should get so any suggestions on where to get these items? Anything is helpful and ty. The tank is 23.6 x 19.7 x 19.7in and it's an Aqua Japan Tank

PXL_20240922_000048991.jpg PXL_20240922_000038972.jpg
 
One Aqua Illumination Blade Grow light (21 inch version) is what I would start with.

You can get another one down the road when you get corals. And maybe even the Glow version too.

There are cheaper LED lights people have success with but I don’t use them so I will let someone who does chime in for those.
 
Hey everyone, have a quick question that I have. I have a 40 gal tank that's just finished it's cycle so I got my first fish for it today. I'm looking to do a soft/lps tank and wanted to know some light/stand combo options for it to grow them while not breaking my wallet. Also I'm not sure what lid to get for it to avoid any jumpers I get in the future. Im looking into which one I should get so any suggestions on where to get these items? Anything is helpful and ty. The tank is 23.6 x 19.7 x 19.7in and it's an Aqua Japan Tank

PXL_20240922_000048991.jpg PXL_20240922_000038972.jpg
old thread but I was just wondering what came of your tank and what lights you went with.
cheers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new