40 Gal Uniquarium

Because sushi is recovering in a separate container I decided to redo the rock work. I think it looks better and will allow for a snowflake eel when I can catch one
IMG_1340.jpeg
 
20251023_203620_5DDED4E8-B110-426B-97C2-0CDE22A57306.png
Goofy looking fish 😭

All things are going great in the tank. The wrasse and sushi have been getting along great and the wrasse just started eating. My next step is to find a sea hair to help with my GHA outbreak.

Btw, any name suggestions for the Christmas wrasse? I have 0 ideas
 
Sadly, I have made the decision to release the wrasse back into the ocean. It isn’t the best thing to do, but it is the best thing for my tank and for my wrasse. I have been struggling with nitrates due to the wrasse’s high bioload and it has been stressing me out a lot. It’s my only option to release it to where I found it. I will be releasing him later today.
IMG_1687.jpeg
 
After a year of having a frogfish, I am sad to say that he died last night.

Yesterday he was acting lethargic and bloated. After some research I have come to the conclusion it was likely a bacterial infection or organ failure, both being something I can’t do anything about.

It really sucks to see him just die like this, but a lot of people have similar experiences with frogfish. They just don’t last very long in a tank.

Because of this, I won’t be keeping another frogfish and I also advise you all not to either. I think that despite how unique they are, that they belong in the wild.

I’m not sure what I’ll do with this tank. Maybe I’ll do a full reset and make it into a little reef tank.

That’s all
IMG_2873.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new