40 gallon Clown Harem and friends

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure at least some of you have seen me around at this point, and since we just started to set up this tank, I figured I'd start a build thread! We already have a 260 gal display w/ 90 gallon sump that I really should start a thread for :p , so this tank is going to be used with the primary intention of breeding some nice clowns and BTA. Now for the specs:
Tank: 40 gallon Aqueon breeder, standard size
Canister: Fluval 307 with all media and pads, except for carbon, that have been sitting in the 260's sump for a while
Lights: Two Reefbreeder AquaKnight v2s
Sand: 40 lbs. CaribSea Arag Alive Reef Sand
Rock: around 20-30 lbs of CaribSea Life Rock, and 10 ish lbs. of rock from the 260's sump that is LOADED with pods and such

Rough inhabitant list:
8-10 nice, likely designer, occys
1 blue spot sand-sifting goby
Some firework cloves, GSP, and pulsing xenia to cover the back of the tank

We dosed some Microbacter 7, and have some Dr. Tim's One and Only coming tomorrow, so I'm think the tank is going to be cycled in under a week.
I think thats all, I'll update with some more pics when we add the first clown!

IMG-5033.JPG IMG-4004.JPG

OP
OP
CCauthers

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the first fish are in! We put in a picasso and a snowflake in from the display on Monday, and put in three really nice bullet hole clowns in on Tuesday. Everyone's settling in, and I'll take a few pictures today

OP
OP
CCauthers

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeesh I haven't updated this in a little while, but there is a bit that went on. Before I get yelled at, there is now quite a bit of coral in there. The list:
JKR Ultimate Warrior Chalice
2 Jawbreakers w/ green
VDM mushroom
1-1.5 in OG Bounce
Watermelon chalice
XL Orange/Red Yuma
I'm harboring the coral for my LFS atm, and everything actually seems to be doing very well. If anything starts to go downhill, I'll just end up moving it to the display with some of the other pieces we're rehabbing.

OP
OP
CCauthers

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was also a very slight ammonia blip on Monday, but only barely detectable (.25-.3ish) on the API kit.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.4%
Back