40 LBS of Marco Rock, I have my ideas for my 40g Breeder, what's your idea

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the rock, and a few idea layouts for a 40g breeder. Mixed tank but no SPS, figured I would go with 2 main scapes with islands. looked at a lot tank layouts. not decided yet, NSA is what I'm looking to do but don't want any tree looking builds. No problem with breaking up the larger rocks since they are to big for the tank, Going to use E marco mortar to bond them. lets see your ideas.

20240411_173751.jpg

anemonalex

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the rock, and a few idea layouts for a 40g breeder. Mixed tank but no SPS, figured I would go with 2 main scapes with islands. looked at a lot tank layouts. not decided yet, NSA is what I'm looking to do but don't want any tree looking builds. No problem with breaking up the larger rocks since they are to big for the tank, Going to use E marco mortar to bond them. lets see your ideas.

20240411_173751.jpg
I love columns and arches. I want to cast a small column to let gsp or xenia take over. But I spent enough molding my 10lbs. I used instant ocean epoxy.. it gets expensive. Use jb waterweld. It's half the price same effect/reef safe. I have repaired catamarans with the stuff when I did guided tours in Alaska. So I don't think it will break like people claim epoxy. I did tack my work together, blew it off first. I didn't want to be another horror story of a breaking arch. Can't wait to see your work; edit add here... I used 2 sticks of IO epoxy before I switched and used 2 tubes of jb waterweld to make it a solid structure. Check my build if you wanna see the 2 arches I made with the 10lbs. I don't wanna photo bomb your thread. Give me motivation for my next rockwork. The tank ironically enough is going to be a 40b.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back