OP
JustPoprocks

JustPoprocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is so awesome!! It looks great!

How are you moving water from the main tank to the sump?

Bulkheads drilled out the side, they are gravity fed.
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
JustPoprocks

JustPoprocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New aquascape has a few caves for the two tangs. The tusk didn’t work out sadly and will be rehomed. I believe he’s partial blind,he runs head on into the sides and Wiffs on food.. I have watched him run straight into the rays making them really skittish..Lucky me he was the easiest fish I’ve ever caught and is in the sump temporarily.

13BC2740-5BBA-4CAA-ADE6-B166792E486C.jpeg

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome. I’ve always wanted to try something like this. Your thread moved that to the top of my project priority list haha.

OP
OP
JustPoprocks

JustPoprocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m assuming the stingrays are almost ready to have their babies. I can’t find much about it. Any help in stingray birthing? lol

OP
OP
JustPoprocks

JustPoprocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been really behind on updating this lol

This week has been clean the house of all the random fish junk....and somehow we ended up with more than we started with...

A few new things this week

finally got the skimmer set up! But....as I was setting it up one of my dogs decided to use the air inlet on the pump as a chew toy. I have the air hose on there but it’s not gonna work for long. Anyone know where to pick up a new one? Or am I better off DiY’ing it and supergluing a new inlet nub?

This week also had the two female rays get MUCH darker in color. The male stayed the same. Could this be the start of them giving birth? Or was it the pH swing that was corrected?

Bruce (bamboo shark) still is only active at night , I know they are nocturnal but I’m worried about him eating...i wait till around 10-11pm when the lights have been off for a while and I see him cruising the top (don’t put your hands along the rim at night he almost got me lol) to float the food. I empty some waterfrom the cup to the pond and he goes crazy but the second he noticed me or the rays get to happy he lays on the bottom. He’ll start moving again but the ray have already eaten almost if not all. Tips?

Wanting to run some sort of light at night had me thinking about red light bulbs..anyone currently using red to see at night?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back