40b tank and stand build!

Bobothegreat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7ACD1145-4BC7-4E16-99C8-C634A25A07F6.jpeg
Hello so this is my build thread I will be starting to build the stand in the next couple of days and ordering equipment as well. But to start here is a picture of the wood. Lol.

OP
OP
Bobothegreat

Bobothegreat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up some wood pallets today. I will be using them to make the siding of the stand and maybe even shelving until/ if I decide to add a sump in the future

OP
OP
Bobothegreat

Bobothegreat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the pallets mostly taken apart today I have to work around the bases wood hobby shop hours so I will be taking all the pallet wood tomorrow and peeping and sanding so I can start to make the siding and cabinet doors. Any tips or tricks are definitely welcome!

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bobothegreat Welcome! What kind of plans for livestock do you have?

However you plan to design and build the stand door (or sides)/access panel, don't. Install it right away, that is; I am in the beginning stages of a build (linked in my sig) and have loved keeping my door panel off until everything is fine tuned!

Everything will get wet!

Ask questions!

OP
OP
Bobothegreat

Bobothegreat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

However you plan to design and build the stand door (or sides)/access panel, don't. Install it right away, that is; I am in the beginning stages of a build (linked in my sig) and have loved keeping my door panel off until everything is fine tuned!

Everything will get wet!

Ask questions!
Lol I was thinking that at first but I won’t have a sump or anything right now so it is all storage use. But I am making it able to hold a sump for future use

OP
OP
Bobothegreat

Bobothegreat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Everything will get wet!

Ask questions!
Not entirely planned out on the livestock. Wife and kids want me to get a couple clowns so starting with that and an anemone plus a cleanup crew craps shrimp and snails

OP
OP
Bobothegreat

Bobothegreat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve got an RODI unit on the way with a tds tester and a salinity refractometer. I still need to order my test kits and filters and heaters next. I not fully sure on testing equipment yet. I am still trying to figure out all the perameters lol

OP
OP
Bobothegreat

Bobothegreat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do want to say my original design was a little different. But had some things come up and ended up changing it a little so one side did end up a little bigger. Figure hey adds character and it’s different from the rest lol

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're doing great. Like the stand design. You can stain the wood with a close color to the floor and will came out nice. I need to get a RODI unit cus my LFS where I get the water has 38 tds.... not good.

OP
OP
Bobothegreat

Bobothegreat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're doing great. Like the stand design. You can stain the wood with a close color to the floor and will came out nice. I need to get a RODI unit cus my LFS where I get the water has 38 tds.... not good.
I thought about it but I may leave it this way for now then when I move back to the stateds I can stain it to match the house. Hey m pretty lucky I’ve seen the tds at some people’s areas very high and it is only 60 before RODI.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%
Back