2 astrea snails
2 nassarius snails

here’s what i’m thinking of adding -
halloween urchin
halloween hermit
yellow watchman goby
pistol shrimp
fighting conch

i would have space for a couple more right?
i really like fish with personality , but functionality would be good too. reef safe is also a must. let me know if i should add more to my list or if anything might not work ^_^

SaltwaterScoop

Conqueror of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I definitely think you could get away with a few more fish. Are you planning on running a sandbed?

Blennies are a great way to add personality!
1000004632.jpg

OP
OP
ellfe

ellfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely think you could get away with a few more fish. Are you planning on running a sandbed?

Blennies are a great way to add personality!
1000004632.jpg
yes ofc! and i was reading up on them a bit, they’re super cute. i actually was reading this thread about this guys blenny jumping onto him while he was asleep.. it scared me a little lol
i particularly enjoy watching eyebrows on amy & the wet pets, i think i’d be correct in assuming he’s an eyebrow barnacle blenny
IMG_3476.png

not too well versed in them, do some of them perch and some hide? which one do you like?

SaltwaterScoop

Conqueror of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes ofc! and i was reading up on them a bit, they’re super cute. i actually was reading this thread about this guys blenny jumping onto him while he was asleep.. it scared me a little lol
i particularly enjoy watching eyebrows on amy & the wet pets, i think i’d be correct in assuming he’s an eyebrow barnacle blenny
IMG_3476.png

not too well versed in them, do some of them perch and some hide? which one do you like?
I currently have a bicolor blenny in my 25 gallon and he hosts a turbo shell snail that I glued to the rock (the picture I posted is from last year before I glued it into the rockwork lol). He regularly patrols the tank, eats film algae on the glass, and eats frozen mysis. If he feels spooked or unsure he retreats to his shell. He also sleeps in his shell. It's super cute.

I'd definitely recommend having a lid for blennies but I haven't run a lid on his tank since he started hosting the shell and it's been over a year without incident. He only ever goes to the surface when I feed.

Starry blennies have funny eyebrows but I've never kept one
1716800434850.png

1716800465998.png

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a bicolor blenny in my 25 gallon and he hosts a turbo shell snail that I glued to the rock (the picture I posted is from last year before I glued it into the rockwork lol). He regularly patrols the tank, eats film algae on the glass, and eats frozen mysis. If he feels spooked or unsure he retreats to his shell. He also sleeps in his shell. It's super cute.

I'd definitely recommend having a lid for blennies but I haven't run a lid on his tank since he started hosting the shell and it's been over a year without incident. He only ever goes to the surface when I feed.

1716800434850.png

1716800465998.png
Thats the favorite part of my starry!

OP
OP
ellfe

ellfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1716800434850.png

1716800465998.png
those are cool! and yes yours is so adorable

OP
OP
ellfe

ellfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would anyone know if adding a sexy or harlequin shrimp would be okay?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harlequin shrimp, only if you have a bunch of Asterina stars for food or if you want to sacrifice a chocolate chip star. The tube feet on them is their main source of diet. I have heard of a few that will scavenge for other food, but I think that is an oddity. To be honest about the sexy shrimp, unless you have a pico tank, they will disappear, whether they are alive or not. A bit of Schrodinger's cat if you will.
Also as far as your clowns go. They may be territorial on new additions especially if they are a currently breeding pair. So an acclamation box is a must, or at least have one ready.

OP
OP
ellfe

ellfe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harlequin shrimp, only if you have a bunch of Asterina stars for food or if you want to sacrifice a chocolate chip star. The tube feet on them is their main source of diet. I have heard of a few that will scavenge for other food, but I think that is an oddity. To be honest about the sexy shrimp, unless you have a pico tank, they will disappear, whether they are alive or not. A bit of Schrodinger's cat if you will.
Also as far as your clowns go. They may be territorial on new additions especially if they are a currently breeding pair. So an acclamation box is a must, or at least have one ready.
got it- they haven’t laid eggs (or at least that i’ve seen) the male is still pretty juvenile

so sexy shrimp would be okay? maybe a pair ?
they are so cute

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you do not put any wrasses or other crustacean snackers it should be ok.
got it- they haven’t laid eggs (or at least that i’ve seen) the male is still pretty juvenile

so sexy shrimp would be okay? maybe a pair ?
they are so cute

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would anyone know if adding a sexy or harlequin shrimp would be okay?
Sexy no. Better in a species tank, they tend to get eaten by other fish! My clownfish ate them…

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I had one with my clownfish for a long while in a 15g. But eventually it disappeared.
Clown probably ate it lol. I had 5, they started disappearing. Caught them in the act one day and was like oh yep they ate the others thats why they disappeared!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 87 45.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 44.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 18 9.5%
Back