40g breeder aquarium stand

Foxchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 40g breeder I want to build a stand for. Needs to fit a 20g sump underneath.
Is there any builds on here I can be directed to?
Or anyone build one and have the dimensions they went with?

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For simplicity, I'd just follow this guide. Should take about 5-6 2x4's and some screws. After that, you can skin however you wish.

The only real decision you have is how tall the stand should be. Play around with it and try different heights based on sitting/standing, etc. My 40 breeder is on a 40" stand and I couldn't be happier. If it was just me and I didn't need to worry about the viewing angle for my wife, I'd probably make it 42-44" tall.

OP
OP
Foxchase

Foxchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For simplicity, I'd just follow this guide. Should take about 5-6 2x4's and some screws. After that, you can skin however you wish.

The only real decision you have is how tall the stand should be. Play around with it and try different heights based on sitting/standing, etc. My 40 breeder is on a 40" stand and I couldn't be happier. If it was just me and I didn't need to worry about the viewing angle for my wife, I'd probably make it 42-44" tall.
I've seen that it's just a little confusing. And yes I get that. I'm 6'3 so I want to be able to see the tank without having to bend over

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back