40g breeder office

punchy7080

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2021
Messages
430
Reaction score
180
Location
Zionsville, IN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jumped back into the hobby with a little 20g tank while I was setting up my Reefer 350. Already upgrading that to a 300g tank (350 is for sale!). Petco was selling the 40g breeders for like $50 and I couldn’t pass it up, always loved this tank size. Doing pretty well for not even being setup a month yet! Super simple setup with live sand out of another person’s tank, mix of live rock (20 lbs from other tanks and 20 from KP). Couple AI Prime 16 HD lights and no skimmer. I do a 5 gallon water change every Sunday and throw in some two part as needed. Awesome little tank!

 
Last edited:
nice
 
Looks really nice.

This has always been my favorite sized tank. Small enough to be easy and inexpensive yet large enough to start looking like a small reef. The dimensions are just right. When I sold my last 40B I kept the stand because I know I'll have another one someday. I just wish there were more options for higher-end variants from IM or Waterbox or somebody with low-iron glass and rimless. There are a couple around from low-volume mfgs but the price is a little dear for me.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new