40g Community Tank Build Thread...

What is your favourite type of Tank? (Sorry if this has already been asked)

• Total voters
OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you wear a mask when u interact with your tank ... lol but I meant fish QT
ITs just stupid, if you buy fish in real life and the tank is good and the fish are happy, whats to QT? If I want a tang I would ask the LFS just to hold it for me for a couple of weeks. More fish mortality happens when you put a fish in QT than the DT, if you buy fish online, you should maybe QT? Use rapid fish QT but I plan on only buying corals and inverts online,

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ITs just stupid, if you buy fish in real life and the tank is good and the fish are happy, whats to QT? If I want a tang I would ask the LFS just to hold it for me for a couple of weeks. More fish mortality happens when you put a fish in QT than the DT, if you buy fish online, you should maybe QT? Use rapid fish QT but I plan on only buying corals and inverts online,
Yes thats what I was thinking as well about getting the LFS to hold the fish in a separate tank with SOLD written. Haven't asked any LFS and not sure if they would. But def worth a try.

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, for your tank are you going to get any CUC or inverts besides cleaners like maybe some trochus snails or hermits? I was lucky to get a brittle sea star from a LFS as they got jt from a piece of Live Rock.
Definitely, prob a mix of snails and a hermit crab. Theres mixed views on quantities but also dont want them to starve. So i'll probably start with minimal quantities and increase as needed.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely, prob a mix of snails and a hermit crab. Theres mixed views on quantities but also dont want them to starve. So i'll probably start with minimal quantities and increase as needed.
Don't we only get Janitor Hermits, I have seen Halloweens but they are extremely rare.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing about a lifted aquascape is that I can try and put a Gigantea Anemone in there because they like the bottom of the tank while all my corals will be at the top, I have seen many giganteas in community tanks and I think they are a little more peaceful and cheaper than the Haddoni Carpet. IF they do get the 3 foot mark they will have the entire bottom of the tank although I do plan on some islands. I got the aquascape idea and the anemone idea from Evan Luo, he is Australian too!

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like anemones, but tank needs to be dedicated as I'm not a fan of things moving around and destroying other stuff that cohabit
Yeah, I might stay with the lifted aquascape and have a magnifinca and some BTAs up high and down below some mini maxis and haddoni and/or giganteas, I will rund ALOT of carbon though and I will have to somehow protect my Coral Beauty from the carpets or if the fish is smart he will stay high although his little cave is below

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W
I like anemones, but tank needs to be dedicated as I'm not a fan of things moving around and destroying other stuff that cohabit
What do you think of a tank full off symbiotic realationships?
-Clownfish and Anemones
-Sexy Shrimp and Anemones
-Corals and Zooxanthellae
-Pistol Shrimp and Goby
-Fish and Corals
-Cleaner Shrimp and Fish\
Any more of these?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back