OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light changes and increased coral feedings have definitely made a difference! Everything is in full bloom :D Also, I got a new black oscellaris clownfish! He's a little smaller than my OG clown, Mike, and he definitely got sent through the gauntlet on day one haha. But since then, Mike has been accepting of the new guy and the new guy is starting to submit more frequently. I think I might have a pair again!

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update on, as things are looking good right now. My nitrates are back down to a reasonable level of about 30. My guess is the addition of a felt filter sock to my sump has drastically improved the cleanliness of my tank! Oh, also, I glued down several frags that my hermit crabs have relentlessly been knocking out of place... All but one have stayed put!

PS super stoked about winning the jellyfish art nano tank! Hopefully they'll contact me soon and have it shipped out.

20170629_102327.jpg

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a long time since updating... Check out the new leptoseris!

15127498832331966526227.jpg

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My zoanthids are growing like mad... anyone in the Denver/Boulder area wanna trade??

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a leptoseris, two torch corals, a zoanthid frag, and two rock flower anemones at #reefstock a few weeks ago! Got my fingers crossed that one of the rock flower nems I bought is a female (the original one is male)!

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switched up my lighting this week to accommodate the new torches, moving old acan, and new acan. I've noticed when I took away my two side lights that I regained color in my octospawn, but lost color in my frammerhead. Still have no idea what to do with my new favia... it's kinda bleached on the top side.

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reintroduced my cheapo finnex light and just blue from my t5 from the side of the tank... kind of weird, but it's just easier with my setup. It really ain't glamorous, but hoping to move soon and setup my 135 (finally!!). My partner still doesn't approve of the 135, but we'll see what happens...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool build! Any new pics? Following along!

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my rose BTA has been in timeout for several months now... just looks unappealing and not really sure what to do with it at this point lol. I'm afraid if I release it, it will continue to wreak havoc on my corals. I also really want to split it so I can sell some back and add to the coral collection...

Also! I have super stringy algae growing in my tank because I neglected to WC for almost two months :X Currently upped the carbon dosing and cut the light intensity by half. No pictures for now... maybe once I figure out what to do with my nem and clear out the algae outbreak, I'll post some new pics :)

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been scrubbing a few rocks and the nem acclimation box every few days, and the cutting back light and carbon dosing seem to be working! I think I'm on the home stretch here. Hopefully everything will have passed in a week :)

Also, hoping to score some WWW coral! #reef2reef, #worldwidecorals, #mywwccontest

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a brief update. Bought 10 hermit crabs; been a while since I've re-upped. I also got another brittle star (hoping it might spawn with my current one!) and a cute little pincushion sea urchin :) Just hit the lights back on today, with my main light continuing to return to normal intensity.

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Successfully split my anemone (hopefully)!! It's been a few days, but they look great. I can finally feel good about showing my tank again!

20180512_195108.jpg

OP
OP
kamakazian

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saying farewell to my 40 gal setup! I'm selling it (hopefully) and moving all the goodies to a 90gal setup :D This tank served me and my new friends well for two years. But it's time for a bigger home (for me and the fish)!

I'll start a new thread once I get things moving on the 90!

20180609_122049.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back