45 gallon cube

WesMeeks

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
195
Reaction score
0
Location
Chattanooga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size return pump would I need for a RR 45 gallon cube? about to buy one, and was wondering what size return pump I would need. Thanks
 
I would look at something rated around 500gph. Like a mag 5, ehiem 1250, water blaster 1000, or even a tunze.

Mojo~
 
I would look at something rated around 500gph. Like a mag 5, ehiem 1250, water blaster 1000, or even a tunze.

Mojo~

+1. I'm planning/designing a 45 cube and I'm planning on using an ehiem 1252, but that's just because I have one already. Its going to be feeding any filters and/or chiller too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new