47g cuboid reef

entranced

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday was the day i got my new custom tank set up by my LFS. It's a 24x24x20 display with a 20x20x15 sump.

Bought 10 kilos of live rock and i'm adding the remaining 5 or 6 kilos that i have on my old nano while cleaning them since they have quite a lot of hair algae.

I plan on moving all the fish by tomorrow as i have to disassemble the old system. Not sure about the LPS and softies though as i might have to wait a while. But since i moved the old skimmer to the new system, i want to take the fish out ASAP.

Gear:
- Bubble Magus skimmer rated at 300 liters
- 2 heaters
- Mantis return pump (6000 liters per hour)
- 2 AI prime 16 HD (i have one in each aquarium currently as i havent moved the corals yet)
- 1 mantis optical smart ATO

Current livestock i'm moving to the new tank:
- 2 clowns
- 1 chromis
- 1 bicolor blenny
- 1 marginatus wrasse (i know they get big and will have to relocate him at some point)
- 1 trochus
- 1 mexican turbo
- 2 hermits
- 1 emerald crab
- 1 cleaner shrimp
- 1 aiptasia eating shrimp (forgot the name)
- 1 strombus (conch)
- many LPS, zoas and softies

I plan on adding at least one more fish and that is a bristletooth tang for algae control.

I would like to hear suggestions on what cleanup crew to add for the new system, was thinking of an urchin, i'm really paranoid and traumatized by GHA caused by my past bad feeding habits, but the problem is that i like coralline.

pa1.jpg
pa2.jpg
pa3.jpg

OP
OP
entranced

entranced

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for suggestions on wether i should add a refugium in the sump or an algae reactor. Is a reactor just a tube with light and an algae inside where water flows through it? or is it more complex?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back