4x 54w T5 dead. Want to replace with LED. Any fixtures cover 4'wx2'deep for$300?

TomToro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Nova died while I was doing my yearly bulb change. It will cost me around $250 to replace this so here's my chance to go LED. Wish I hadn't bought 8 aquasun T5's though.

Is there a fixture out there that costs around $300 and will give me the same results as the 4x 54w T5 in a 48" size? Not DIY. New and complete. Doesn't have to be both blue and white cause I have vho's supplementing. Unless there's one out there that is powerful enough to replace everything.

If I like it, I'll replace the other 4' section with LED and sell the remaining T5 fixture.

Thanks for any help,
Tom

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would go with the reefkio you might be able to light oit for three hundred but i think its gonna be more like 400 somthing to be able to be controlled and what not ie blue and whites one when you want.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get what you pay for. The cheapest quality fixture is the reefkoi fixture @ $300 each and you would need two of them. I'm debating on these or a diy setup myself. If that's out of your budget then I would just stay with T5s because if you can find something that cheap you probably won't be happy with it.

fiftyfiveg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom... I replaced my Wavepoint 4x54W T5HO with 4 ATI bulbs with a Reefkoi 200W 2G 14K version. This unit is out of your price range. I love the light. I have it mounted about 12 inches off the water.
Reefkoi 200W 2G LED.jpg

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah man looking at 300 bucks you don't have much to work with. I would suggesting kicking back the extra cash and picking up a couple of reefkoi leds. You have to remember the with these leds you will no longer have to worry about changing bulbs. so you may want to think about investing but that is your decision good luck

eldiablosrt8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
before i post about my led opinion, is reefkoi a sponsor here??? i see alot of reefkoi answers

to cover a 48" tank you would have two do 2 fixtures in my opinion in any led fixture like that... i played with the DIY, aqua illumination(original) and the reefbrites.... i have seen others in action as well. to get good coverage you will have to spend more than 300$$

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes reefkio is a sponser here and you get pretty goof coverage with his LED's.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back