50 gallon tall cube and a 150 gallon rectangle

littleangel_dawn

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2011
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Fallon, Nv
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so with the help of my wonderful husband, I am going to be starting a 50 gallon tall cube and a 150 gallon rectangle saltwater reef tanks. I got my 50 gallon tall cube off of craigslist for about $100. And I will be (hopefully this weekend) picking up the 150 gallon for about $350 from craigslist. The 50 gallon (20" x 18" x 30.5") is really deep but interesting (sorry i cant get the pics to upload).

I want to be able to plumb them together with hopefully a refugium/sump but I am afraid of having them drilled. Is there anyway to plum them together without drilling holes into them?

Also, what equipment and lights would you suggest for my tanks whether they are seperate systems or one combined system?
 
Ok, so i just watched a few videos on how to drill a tank. I am willing to try and drill them very carefully as soon as I have them both together. Anybody have any suggestions or ideas of where to drill them, hole size, and what drill bits to use or plumbing equipment to use? Also, what's the best way for me to create overflows inside the tanks to hide the plumbing?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new