50 ppm nitrates and 0.02 ppm phosphates.

starfishguy869

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my phosphates just bottomed out last week because of GFO. My nitrates suddenly rised yesterday from 25 to 50. Is there a way to lower nitrates and increase phosphates. I want 5 ppm nitrates and 0.03 ppm phosphates. I know this hobby isn’t about chasing numbers, but my SPS and LPS corals have been suffering. Any answers would be appreciated.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my phosphates just bottomed out last week because of GFO. My nitrates suddenly rised yesterday from 25 to 50. Is there a way to lower nitrates and increase phosphates. I want 5 ppm nitrates and 0.03 ppm phosphates. I know this hobby isn’t about chasing numbers, but my SPS and LPS corals have been suffering. Any answers would be appreciated.
Immediate thought is NeoPhos to start increasing phosphates. I wouldn’t trying to lower nitrates right now. Focus on bringing phosphates up first and that will automatically help to start bringing them down. A lot of very successful tanks maintain nitrates at around 20 ppm.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop GFO and phosphates will increase.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back