50 tub

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 50 tub. usually I am always looking to change tanks around, but I think this one will finally get a break. I am pretty much happy with the rock work though I am almost out of room for anymore ricordea or zoanthids.
THe lighting is 2 39wt UV actinic T5s and Aquamedic pendant with 250wt 14K Phoenix.
2x Koralin 2s and 2x Koralin 3s for water movement. 20 long refugium down below lit by 50/50PC 24wt 24/7 light cycle.
RC salt, Kent's Iodine, Moly/Stront, Salifert All In One and kalkwasser in top-off.
Fish 2x Anglers

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Lytehouse

just havin' fun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my, it's almost overwhelming.

It would be interesting to see pics in about 3 months.

Wonderful colors.

ofblong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im surprised half of those corals arent "fighting" and killing each other.... It does look nice though :D.

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My eyes cant ever procss ur tanks. To much color! Looks great.

And its nothing but Rics and zoas dnt see nothing fighting

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im surprised half of those corals arent "fighting" and killing each other.... It does look nice though :D.
why would they be fighting an killing each other? just rics and zoanthids.

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why would they be fighting an killing each other? just rics and zoanthids.

I used to have alot of rics. I've also had zoo frags fall on top of rics and kill them over night. The rics would just turn to a puddle of goo and so would the zoanthids. I forgot to mention, your tank looks AWESOME!

Last edited:

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy paly!!!

WOW!!! that is one packed tank, do you have a shot of the Angler's, those are cool too!

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that tank just shows you now have a sick and unhealthy obsession... LOOKS GREAT haha!

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have alot of rics. I've also had zoo frags fall on top of rics and kill them over night. The rics would just turn to a puddle of goo and so would the zoanthids. I forgot to mention, your tank looks AWESOME!
I have kept zoas and rics together fo many years and not had any deaths due to touching. Haven't had any fall over onto any others for long periods though and can imagine the results could be disasterous. As far as FL ricordiea go, in all the time I have kept them over the last 3 years I have lost 2 that melted and were in a ricordea frag tank with nothing else in the tank. They perished due to infection from diatom outbreak on the sand bed, both were sitting on the sand bed. They are about the toughest Anthozoa you can keep in the closed reef. I have cut them, accidently mashed them, ripped them leaving tiny nubs behind only to regrow to full size, removed them from the water to frag them and forgotten about them for near 15min at a time with no ill effects. Covered them with super glue, had spikes in temps near 90F, mishaps with kalkwasser over dose and ph rise beyond 9 and still no losses.
On the other hand have lost many Ricordea yuma, especially wild collected and your average zoanthids that were either diseased or poorly collected die, but Ricordea florida? Indestructable.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy paly!!!

WOW!!! that is one packed tank, do you have a shot of the Angler's, those are cool too!

I love them. Especially at feeding time. The purple will eat F/T froma stick, the white so far will have nothing to do with anything but live. And at the price of damsels it had better switch over fast...fortunatly they eat once a week and do fine. Granted they can eat daily too if allowed to.

8473IMG_0971-med.JPG

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very unique fish. My worry is buying one and having it only eat live, like your white one. Ill stick to easier fish for a while though

ofblong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All corals fight for space. Some more so than others. So I bet you have chemical warfare going on in that tank but the "species" you put next to each other may just happen to not be that potent to each other. I have had zoas kill brains and ricordias (even florida) and vice versa.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All corals fight for space. Some more so than others. So I bet you have chemical warfare going on in that tank but the "species" you put next to each other may just happen to not be that potent to each other. I have had zoas kill brains and ricordias (even florida) and vice versa.
Very ture, but I only have 2 corals. A tubastrea and an sps. They do not touch nor are closer than a couple inches from the ricordea and zoanthids.

OP
OP
flricordia

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very unique fish. My worry is buying one and having it only eat live, like your white one. Ill stick to easier fish for a while though
they will convert eventually. Just takes time and patience. These guys will no go hungry for long, believe me. You do want to make sure that the tank size you have is compatible with the frogfish species you get. Some can get to 10" and some even larger. They do not require alot of room, but a 10" in a 40gl would be pushing the limits beyond. They can eat alot and also poop alot so water quality has to be kept.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice tank.. awesome job on the aquascaping... pls keep us posted with the FTS... it'll look awesome once the corals settle and start growing on every rock... ;)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back